Jehovahs Witness dies

I,m not going to deny them their faith,best of luck to them,but they are quoting a scripture written some 2000 years ago and before the advent of blood transfusions so how do they assume that this means not to accept blood this way.And is there a head JW like the Pope or Archbishop of Canterbury to preach to the believers.

Sponsored Links
They are quoting a scripture written some 2000 years ago and before the advent of blood transfusions .

Very good point and perhaps they can take this on board and not allow others to die unnecessarily. :(

(Jehovah's Witnesses are well known for the strictness of their observance - Members do not give presents at Christmas or birthdays, exchange greetings with non-believers or allow their children to take part in games or plays at school. Even use of the internet is frowned upon. )

Do they mean greetings cards,Because we have a manager at work who is a JW and he is happy to greet you with a hello and good morning etc, and he uses the internet,but keep it quiet don't want to get him to trouble.

we're missing the point here it's not about what others think it's about the person's own thoughts and the reasons why she did it, not for others to judge by their own standards as they dont understand, if they did they wouldnt question it.

Sponsored Links
Mod 7 wrote

The topic is about Jehovahs Witnesses.

Please start another thread if you wish to discuss other matters.

Yes it was , and it therefore included the discussion of the banning of certain medical procedures due to belief or faith. The comparison of male and female circumcision could have developed into an explanation of why some faiths have strong vews about certain medical procedures. It was possible that from such explanation a justification for banning blood transfusions could have been extrapolated.

The law is an ass, if they decide to do anything about whats happened then they might as well change all the other laws that involve religion such as sikhs and the wearing of motorcycle helmets etc (I dont advocate that just making a point about hypocrisy.)
The law CANNOT be seen to sway to one religion and not another.

This case with the mother is another strongly held belief, I believe that the church of england should use their powers of persuasion and defend the JW's church's actions after all isnt that what Interfaith is all about, an understanding of others faith?

i really feel for the children and their remaining carers. they may even resent what their mother has allowed to happen, later in life.

it is all very sad.

maybe she thinks she has gone to a better place?

what could be better than watching your kids grow up?
how selfish is that, if she really thought that she was going to a better place she would have taken them with her, no,she's been brain washed by the Jehovahs Witnesses. :evil: they should be outlawed

by insisting that there should have been intervention we are forcing our beliefs on another person who doesn't necessary agree, now is that right?
how would we feel if someone did the same to us?

I find this scary as religion seems so powerfull.

Would any normal person not want to see their kids grow up because a belief? Its nothing short of cult behaviour is it?

I grew up with a Jehovah's Witness and the boy turned out so twisted it was scary.

Any Jehova's wanna argue with my comments.

Dave

we are forcing our beliefs on another person who doesn't necessary agree, now is that right?
how would we feel if someone did the same to us?
Tim,
Aren't JWs the ones who come knocking on peoples doors trying to convert or 'force' their beliefs on others?

I find this scary as religion seems so powerfull.

Dave
it's not the religion thats powerful its the persons faith in their beliefs.

Well, if their so selfish to deny their kids a mother for what they believe in, I have no sympathy, just shame on her.

Silly girl..poor kids....stupid husband
:rolleyes:

Ill sit back, not worry about the joho lot and enjoy my their kids growing up...... and then watching their kids growing up.

Stupid Cow.

David

My neighbour is a J W!!

He had his carrot topped and also a "Prince Edward piercing"

Has to use a cubicle for a pee when in the Kingdom Hall!!

He once tried to convert me but gave up after our second spliff !!

I think that given the choice of death or glory he would choose to live!!

Sponsored Links
Back