Jeremy the Hunt... mental health

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Jeremy Hunt admits false claims over mental health

11 Oct 2017
"The health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, has been forced to re-write parliamentary records after making a false claim about mental health.

Speaking on World Mental Health Day, he told MPs: “We’ve got 30,000 more people working in mental health today than we had when [Labour] left office.”

He repeated this again, saying: “We have 30,000 more professionals working in mental health than when my Government came into office.”

But when questioned by FactCheck, the Department for Health admitted that Mr Hunt’s figure includes all professionally qualified clinical NHS staff in England – not just those working in mental health."

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/jeremy-hunt-admits-making-false-claims-over-mental-health

"In March 2017, there were 79,985 full-time equivalent people working in these areas. That compares to 79,293 in March 2010, when the Conservatives came into government.

That’s an increase of just 692 people – 0.87 per cent over seven years.

In contrast, Mr Hunt incorrectly claimed that the numbers were more than 43 times higher than this."

Sponsored Links
Well, I won't disagree with you Johnnyboy.. I've said that Jeremy Hunt needs time in a secure MH unit to get his brain right (I'd suggest at least a few years having Electro Convulsive Therapy)

Well, I won't disagree with you Johnnyboy.. I've said that Jeremy Hunt needs time in a secure MH unit to get his brain right (I'd suggest at least a few years having Electro Convulsive Therapy)
HE can have the bed when Corbyn has finished having his brains unscrambled....but that could take forever!

Sponsored Links
Back