Jeremy (C) Hunt picks the wrong battle

Can you see a promise to write off existing debt

So how would you interpret this then

Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to ‘deal with’ the debt of students who have already graduated university during the period in which they paid £9,000 per year.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Still waiting.

Non-comittal statement, carrot-dangle in youth-facing press before the GE:
http://www.nme.com/news/jeremy-corbyn-will-deal-already-burdened-student-debt-2082478

Approaching to diffusing the uncosted folly after the GE, as issued by a flunky:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40547740

See interview with his mate Marr for the final nail in the coffin after the dust had settled.

Corbyn leadership is no better than any other political party, but his tendancies are a whole lot more dangerous.

Nozzle

or as he said in the NNME interview prior to the election:

"There is a block of those that currently have a massive debt, and I'm looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden.

Can anyone see the words "I promise to write it off"?

No such promise in the manifesto either.

My £5 is safe.

"We send the EU £350 million a week. Let's fund our NHS Instead" - Misdirection bought to you by Vote Leave pre-referendum

"And I don’t see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9,000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it.” - Misdirection bought to you by Labour pre-GE

Only idiots believed or trusted the implication of either statement.

Nozzle

The NHS is a very large organisation, and in some ways is inefficient.

But this method of health care provision is still the most cost effective way of providing health care for the population.

For those interested may I suggest listening to a few episodes of the Keiss Report also Reigate Inc on YouTube.

Or catch these programs live on RD (free view 113)

Tim

Edit I ment "Renegade Inc"

Last edited:
Those at the bottom of the socio economic pile do not have the money to pay for American Style health care or inflated cost of medicines.

But they do have a vote, and if they think a Corben Government will reverse the creeping privatization of the NHS they will give Corben their vote.

So the way to stop Corben getting in is not to go on about how stupid they are but get on the blower to your local Tory MP and tell them to reverse the NHS Heist before Corben does.

Tim

Last edited:
Still waiting.

Oh my god John, I've just realised what JC (Jeremy Corbyn not Jesus Christ) meant when he said he'd deal with the existing debt. You're right, he didn't promise to write it off, so he must have meant he was going to get rid of the students themselves instead. I'm so sorry for misunderstanding him; I really must write him an appology, or should I contact the police instead, what do you think.

Doggit, if you could spend a few minutes watching/listening to Professor Steve Keen you might be able to explain to the rest of us the flaw in his argument.

Please Google "Renegade Shorts-Steve Keen on Government Surplus" or enter it into the Youtube search slot and sett what you think.

Tim

Jesus that guys an idiot. Now I may not have understood him completely, because he talks damned fast, but if I've understood what he's saying then his concept of the government creating money from the Bank of England, and borrowing money from the private sector and only having to pay back the tax (should have said interest), is effectively a ponzy scheme, because the govenments currently paying nearly £50bn in interest payment to maintain it's debt, and so that money has to come from taxation to be able to continually paying it. And as there's no surplus to reduce the ever increasing debt, then that'd take even more money out of the economy, by increasing the amount of tax that needs collecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seem that he doesn't support his ideas very well, and tends to work on the basis of knocking convertional wisdom, and just tells you it's wrong. I watched his article on house prices, and obviously he was commenting on Australias housing market, but that can't be compared to ours so easily. I'll watch a few others, but I don't hold out much hope of being impressed, but I'll try and keep an open mind.

Oh my god John, I've just realised what JC (Jeremy Corbyn not Jesus Christ) meant

poor old dog is pretending he hasn't read the NME interview.

But I know he has, because he managed to selectively quote five words from it (only five!)

Here are some more which precede his favourite five:

"Yes, there is a block of those that currently have a massive debt, and I’m looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden.”

Dog is pretending to think that "looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden.” means "I promise to write off existing accounts"

Dog might or might not have read the manifesto, which is where all the commitments for the election campaign are found. Probably not. I have.

Sponsored Links
Back