Jeremy (C) Hunt picks the wrong battle

This train seat stunt, by Corbyn, was nothing but a failing politician, trying his hardest to score points.
Correct. And it worked. It gained the publicity it needed albeit with a backfire.

The thing is, some people have to endure it every day. People have jacked in their job over it or some have become ill. I thank the Lord that I have to travel very little in my job.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm sure that the railway thing is not as one sided as that spoof video makes out John, surely?

There might be people who can coherently defend the UK government's rail policy.

I have not yet heard from such people.

Denationalisation was a Thatcherite obsession. You may recall Railtrack quickly went bust due to insufficient taxpayer subsidy, and the government subsequently increased subsidy and quietly renationalised the network.

The current policy doesn't make sense. Shockingly, many of Britain's rail companies are government owned, and the government pockets the profits. However they are owned by foreign governments, not our own.

The fact that Branson and his companies are domiciled in a palmy island and don't pay UK tax is just the icing on the cake.

'm sure that the railway thing is not as one sided as that spoof video makes out John, surely

I'm afraid it is Noesall, I think we have the most expensive rail system in the world. France heavily sibsidises their railway system (from the profits of ours), as they see it as a benefit to the whole country. The UK government knew that can't run the railways properly, so privatised it, but then tried to cut down the subsidies so that it paid for itself. The problem there, is that the rail companies want their profit, so fares are much higher than they need to be under a nationalised system.

I have to completely and unreservedly support JohnDs comments

The Tories don't believe in state subsidies to uk nationalised industry
They prefer the system that exists now, paying huge subsidies to the owners of the franchises, who are in fact other countries nationalised industries

We still have state owned railways running in this country, just that they are Spanish/Dutch/French/ German and Italian . It is just that due to the Tory fantastic business sense, we pay more in subsidy to overseas nationalised railways than we did to BR.

Here's that coherent defence of the UK government's policy

Hilarious (regards JohnD's post above) question avoidance. The Tories are shi t though. They just love their rich friends and wouldn't want to upset them by making them pay their fair share in tax or denting their profits.

Tory ****s.

Play fair Noseall, the labour politicians are as much in the pockets of big business, as the Tories are. Absolute power corrupts absolutely; and that applies to all the political parties.

It's nice to see how the right-wing press and billionaire tax-dodgers are so terrified of Corbyn.

I don't own a train company, but if I did I might be anxious at the thought that many millions of tax-payers' subsidies might stop filling my pockets.

Sponsored Links
Back