Jig Saw Blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm a bit of a DIY'er (not a very good one) and I hate borrowing tools from friends and family, so I've spent my birthday money on some tools i borrow the most. I've recently bought a Dewalt cordless jigsaw DC330 (£35 ebay bargain) and it hasn't come with any blades. The ebay pic had a blade in the jigsaw, which I intended to take to a local DIY shop and buy more of, but when its arrived, no blade, I'm not gunna split hairs over a blade with the seller. Now bear in mind I'm a DIY'er, this week i might be cutting skirting boards, next week fence panels, what king of blade shall I buy, kind of like an all rounder for wood? i've looked and noticed there are quite a few different type's straight, fast, clean, fine,flush cut and proberly more.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
look up bayonet or bosch style blades

a jigsaw is the wrong tool for close fit skirting miters or scribes
you need a miter or slider saw
or even a miter box /hand miter saw

Buy a fine blade.

Don't expect a jigsaw to be able to cut particularly straight, or its cut to be true (at a right angle) in deep material.

I find a jigsaw is great for cutting out curves, and cutting along T&G floorboards prior to lifting them up......and not much else!
Not the most accurate tool of all time.
John :)

Sponsored Links
several

ryobi 18v
dewalt 18v
bosch 24v
bosch mains not used in years :D

have i misunderstood the question as usual lol
i can cut skirting easily with a jigsaw and undercut by around 3 degrees for easy tinkering ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back