Jimmy Carr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the News tonight much was being said about his joke and a lot of servicemen have laughed it off and took it as it was intended a joke,
but critics of Carr claim he doesnt have a leg to stand on.

Sponsored Links
Ho, ho!

But seriously, it was a bit of a gaffe. Which bit, I'm not sure...

but critics of Carr claim he doesnt have a leg to stand on.

I'd like to see him with two legs not to stand on, and one of his arms chopped off and stuck up his a***, he is a first class C U N tuesday. And should be totally boycotted by everyone - disgusting piece of s***.

Sponsored Links
also in the paper they interviewed a squaddie who had lost his leg/s and apparently the squaddie laughed like a drain and said carr had the same mentaility as squaddies,bit like when jim davidson done a gig and a few journilists complained about it,and he had to take a load of flacke(no pun)about it,turns out it was for the paras and they were crying with laughter,and bernard manning who had an ethnic chap stand up in 1 of his shows and the rest of the evening this chap was the target,end of the show some journo went to report a load of bull about it and the chap said it was the best night of his life or summit like that.think when it comes to this sort of thing then the peeps its aimed at should be polled then the truth will be told.

controversial, but isn't the point of a tasteless joke that it is beyond comprehension and catches the audience with an element of shock?

I don't think it was necessarily a good joke, but I believe it it just a joke.

Jimmy is an educated man, and that joke does nothing to portray how he might feel the armed forces in real life.

If everytime he told a joke, he then had to say "oh, sorry about that - it was a joke" - I think it might take the edge off the shows..

Let's not forget that he sells tickets to shows on the basis of being a shock comedian. Taking his scripts and relaying to an audience that does not subsribe to that taste bracket is, in essence, taking him out of context.

Jimmy Carr voluntarily gives his time to the Selly Oak military hospital and the Headley Court rehabilitation centre He's known for his support for injured servicemen. I'd bet that he got the joke from one of these places as it's exactly the type of humour that the servicemen would use themselves.

It's a non-story.

I do feel sorry for comedians in this day and age, they have to be very careful about the way they tell some of their jokes.

All taken out of context. It's a way of dealing with traumatic and uncomfortable events, by laughing about it. There was an article in this week's Sunday Times about two British soldiers who had been badly injured in Afganistan;

The Sunday Times wrote said:
The soldiers are now both recuperating at Headley Court, an army rehabilitation centre in Surrey. “There’s loads of banter from the lads, no pity at all, no feeling sorry for yourself,” Timmins said. “It’s a massive part of life getting back to anywhere near normal. A bunch of civvies would probably find the humour a bit sick, but it’s how we cope with it.”
Full article is well worth a read here.

Sponsored Links
Back