JLBIUCL 01 built-in refrigerator - too cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for looking.
My fridge has been too cold for a few weeks. There is ice permanently at the back and it sounds like it is always running. I've changed the thermostat but that hasn't made any difference, so was wondering if anyone had any ideas what else could be wrong?
I'm hoping to get a new kitchen later in the year so if I could get this fridge to work for another few months it would be great.

This page has a decent view of the parts of the fridge:

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/john-lewis/fridges-freezers/jlbiucl01 (92373468900)/

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
That would appear to only leave you with the temp. regulator as a probable cause. I presume the compressor continues to run even with it turned down to it's lowest setting. You could try disconnecting it to make sure the compressor stops running & replace it if it does.

Yeah I had it down to its lowest and it runs continuously. At the moment I turn it off and on for a few hours manually.

I can't seem to find a replacement temp regulator part or see it in the parts diagram

Electrolux069706.jpg

Would it be in this pic or down the back somewhere?
Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Item 523A, but according to the parts list it is item 523. Think you are going to need to ring them & ask them to have a look & see what is in the packaging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back