'Job completed' function

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just an idea.. I'm thinking it could be interesting to have a function that allows a thread creator to post a ''job completed'' notification once they complete a job they've asked for advice on.

I try to post as many photos as I can when I ask questions and keep text very brief, and I try to update my threads once I've completed that particular job with photos etc. I also like to thank people as much as I can for help because 9/10 I just can't get there on my own. Of course the 'like' and 'thanks' function is for this purpose as well.

I was thinking perhaps something as simple as having a thread go green, or with a green tick that appears next to it that shows the job has been achieved would be a funky addition. There may be times of course where a job has been completed by the thread creator but the thread creator does not use the function. In that case it can stay as normal if they don't wish to bother.

I, personally would use the function as I like working my way through jobs that have mounted, and it's good incentive to keep going at them.

:cool:

Sponsored Links
''job completed'' notification once

Maybe the site keeps post's going and going so they can add adverts,(target adverts).
The likes of ITV have 10+ many repeat channels on freeview and they show the same adverts so its easy money for them,the programmes are made so they are free. The problem i see here is that some posts go back 10+ years and the advice given then was probably safe but could be very different now as safety legislation and other regulations may have changed.

So it could be monetary interest here that keeps old posts available,maybe i am wrong.Happy to be corrected.
An archive thread,DIYnot said,This thread is more than 11 years old.
It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.
I am aware that this thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

some of the sparky advice here is more technical than diy. With many long time registered members here having different ideas,who is correct/who is incorrect.

I suggest a separate electric forum (same as the CC) for inter discussion of electric matters,you know it makes sense.

Sponsored Links
What makes you think that people would use that function? When they have been scared off through the bickering that goes on.

Many don't even post to say that the job is done let alone click a button to do it.

Bickering? What are you going on about ? People like you drive me mad! And another thing................

o_O:)

This idea brings up a lot more buttons that could be added. The current thanks and like are to my mind, a bit sparse, and agree and disagree would be the first I'd add. A job comleted would be nice, as would the update that says how and what they did would be polite as well, but as we don;t get a lot of feedback, I doubt the JC button would be used much either.

As to ITV repeats R&R, they're are so they haven't got to make new programs; they get revenue from adverts no matter what they put on.

Back