Joint/Seal between wood and Riven Pavers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently built a small wooden bird hide for use on my back garden. I mounted the hide on top of a pation built from riven pavers.

As I didn't allow for the uneveness of the riven pavers, rainwater gets under the gaps between the wooden framework and the riven pavers.

Can anyone please advise what I could use the plug the gaps and stop the rainwater getting into the hide? The biggest gap is roughly 15mm.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

The framework was made from treated softwood with treated cladding on the outside.

Any chance of a photo? It’s not too clear to me but I guess the hide has no floor, so when you’re spying on the neighbours, ahem the birds and its peeing it down you have rainwater washing across the floor where you’re sat on a chair presumably? Trying to seal around the perimeter sounds ambitious. Something like a neoprene foam seal might do it but that won’t be cheap for 15mm thick stuff and if the gap varies from 0-15mm I doubt you’ll find any effective seal that will give that much and provide any kind of seal especially just using gravity to seal it.

Probably easier to just add a little raised timber floor of either ply or sterling board inside sat on say 38m battens. At least it would be free of running water if not dry.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back