Joist hanger - funny angle

M

marsaday

In the pic you can see the corner of the ceiling, which has a joist going in at a diagonal. This is holding up a chimney on the first floor area. The floor joists are spliced into this joist.

I need to extend my floor joists and some am adding a new run of 8 7x2 joists which will be screwed into the current 6x2" ones.

Going straight is no problem, but i wondered how do i hang the 4 joists going into the corner one ? Can you get a special hanger ?

View media item 65642

Sponsored Links
In the pic you can see the corner of the ceiling, which has a joist going in at a diagonal. This is holding up a chimney on the first floor area. The floor joists are spliced into this joist.

I need to extend my floor joists and some am adding a new run of 8 7x2 joists which will be screwed into the current 6x2" ones.

Going straight is no problem, but i wondered how do i hang the 4 joists going into the corner one ? Can you get a special hanger ?

View media item 65642

You can get 45 degree hangers, but I've not seen other angles.

BC today said i could just cut them to fit and screw into the joist.

I will be bolting new joists next to the 4 joists going into this corner one. Quite easy really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back