Joist in rsj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello . I have had my steels fitted. The height of the top of my steels are near enough flush with my existing 1st floor level. I have to put 170x50 mm joists into the steels that are 203 in height- widths vary around the property. I aim to lay 18mm chipboard as my flooring, so obviously I have to drop the height of my joists by 18mm. The joists will be in the web of the steel but by dropping them 18 mm the top won't be tightly up against the top flange. Once timber is spaces between each joist will this be ok? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ronny, the steel is 203x203 so it would need doubling up I take it? The only problem is I would never be able to do that as I cant get in behind the back of the steel to get a bolt in place. They are all fitted.

Thanks Ronny, the steel is 203x203 so it would need doubling up I take it? The only problem is I would never be able to do that as I cant get in behind the back of the steel to get a bolt in place. They are all fitted.
Hanger-Install.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi RonnyRagun - Could a timber be tec-screwed into the bottom flange to sit the heal of the joist on, then install nogins between joist within the web of the steel, Would the 18mm minus the thickness of the steel gap above be an issue? The joists heals could have a truss clip arrangement to connect them to the timber screwed to the flange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back