Just been told this about our local poll tax !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
40% of the poll tax goes on ................guess .......................

soddin public sector pensions !!!!

apparently on the local news some public sector to33er said put the poll tax up to benefit their pensions.

If it were me all pensions - state and public sector would be equal !!!!

Now the public sector pension liabilities have been disclosed for the first time
the figures clearly show its unsustainable.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you need to remember the your council gets the vast majority off it money from central government and other sources only about 20% comes from the council tax collected from households so its just play on figures

you could say 100% goes on pensions if you only include the money collected from say band b properties

Shut up peasant and pay your taxes.
Take it your talking to Norcon here.

Does anyone know what Norcon's company is? He's strangely silent about it, in spite of it's personnel policies and view of its customers. Thought he'd be shouting it's name from the rooftops as he's so proud of it.

It's odd isn't it, why would someone potentially incriminate themselves and then not post their personal information on a public website.

:rolleyes:

It's odd isn't it, why would someone potentially incriminate themselves and then not post their personal information on a public website.

It's odd whether someone posts their details or not. Granted it would be odder if someone confirmed their identity too :)

Not sure why you think "incriminate" is the right word. Norcon is proud of his salary which is boosted by the occasional bit of illegal tax evasion, and use of cheap foreign labour to keep company costs down and the business going. What's there for him to be ashamed of?

I've used some tradesmen from this site in the past with no complaint about the quality of their work nor their fees, and may want to use some and possibly his in the future. Why not let us know more about it? :)

Unless you think that he's doing something bad :confused:

My friend recently had a kitchen installed by 2 polish lads and i have to say they worked from 8am till 10.30 PM then woke her up at 7 the next day (a saturday) to finish the job which looks good so i carnt knock em they want to work unlike the homegrown lazy jeremy kyle watchers and going the shop in pyjamas mentality some familys have adopted here .

Ahh, this would be the Polish chaps who claim to be fully qualified in about 7 or 8 different trades. Apparently, they have fully fitted this kitchen in only 2 days. :eek:
Must have been a small kitchen if it only took them 2 days (even working till 10:30pm on day one). It may well "Look Good", but 6 months down the line, when the worktop joints start to swell from water ingress (they probably haven't heard about sealants), where will these Polish lads be?
Almost certainly not in the area where this kitchen was fitted and probably not within a few hundred miles. ;) ;)

Joiner john i went off my head with her when she said she was getting these lads in but in my job i see hundreds of kitchens a year and believe me they have done a good theres no empty caulk cannisters in sight . Maybe she was lucky they done a good job but i have to say the quality of kitchens in new builds in the last few years is shocking especially the builder with row in its name .Trouble is they use contractors who dont give a sh1t as they have to complete in a time frame

Sponsored Links
Back