Just bought a house.Needs a rewire.....but.

Don't remember saying I had installed new parquet floor.I think I said there was a new parquet floor in the dining room....you seem to read what you will into anything I post and then interpret that into what you think I might have said.

MMM let me think.Inch battens .... so that would be a hole cut out for a box to be sunk into the plasterboard and fixed into a solid wall.....how would that require the plasterboard to hold the box in place????

The loop of cable will be left wherever the wife decides she wants sockets and then wired up by my fully qualified electrician mate,who I can't reach at the moment as he is out of the country.

As I am going to be doing everything else to the house I guess I had better go on an anti buffoon course...maybe you can recommend the one you did?

When I say everything else.that won't be including things like the gas etc,as my other fully qualified mate has already done that.

So far for a buffoon I have managed to board the lounge ceiling,remove lath and plaster from dinning room and board over twice as 3 year olds bedroom is above,remove 4mm ply panelling and battens to dining room and get back to the brickwork on all outside walls downstairs ready to make them more thermally efficient.take down hall ceiling lath and plaster and re board and all the carpets are up and hardboard as well in both room and up the stairs and through the top landing.all walls onto the landing have had lath and plaster removed and been boarded again and a false ceiling above stairs ready for when I take ceilings down from bedrooms and replace joists into the loft at the start of next year(boss won't let me do it till then :) and loads more stuff that I am too tired to type about at nearly 2am....So I don't think this buffoon has done too bad as I only got the keys to the house on the 17th........oh yeah forgot I am working on finishing two jobs at the moment as well...which won't leave me much time to post as much as you seem to because I actually work and don't waste my time posting obtuse answers to simple questions :)

Sponsored Links
The loop of cable will be left wherever the wife decides she wants sockets and then wired up by my fully qualified electrician mate,who I can't reach at the moment as he is out of the country.
I wondered when something like that would be tossed into the narrative.

Go away.

...wired up by my fully qualified electrician mate,who I can't reach at the moment as he is out of the country.

Only your electrician mate will be able to tell you what work he is happy for you to do (and he is happy to sign off as his own) and how he would like to you to do that work.

I am surprised that you did not talk to him before he went away, as that would have given you the opportunity to crack on while he was away.

The best way forward now would be to down tools until he returns, then you will be absolutely sure that you are not wasting time and money by doing work that might then have to be stripped out or redone if found to be unacceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back