Just changed 3 port valve. Boiler wont fire up.

I didnt go into the loft before any problems.. no.
Regarding the water in the rads.. i admit i didnt make this clear in my original post.

Ok so.. the one downstairs that i drained from.. that does nothing when i "bleeed"

The others downstairs have a tiny ... TINY dribble.. not a shoot as youd expect.

The others upstairs are a bit of both.. if i remember.
Ok ,I misunderstood your original post,seems that water is getting through ,at least some is. But your boiler is probably full of air.
As others have said ,you need to vent all rads ,pump,and any air release valves. Manually latch the 3 port valve open ,if it isn't already.

Sponsored Links
Ok ,I misunderstood your original post,seems that water is getting through ,at least some is. But your boiler is probably full of air.
As others have said ,you need to vent all rads ,pump,and any air release valves. Manually latch the 3 port valve open ,if it isn't already.

Would it be a good idear tomorrow.. to "start again"...

Il turn the water comming into the house off.
Il drain the CH water from the rad with a hose
Open all bleeds/vents
Close the draining hose up
Close all bleeds/vents
Turn water back on

Bleed the system from down to up

Please.. if any of that order/list is wrong or missing.. please educate.

Try putting hose on drain point and start to drain ,whilst draining take a look at loft tank to see if water level is dropping and more water entering tank.
If it is ,at least you know cold feed isnt blocked ,and the water running through may ease any air lock.

Sponsored Links
Try putting hose on drain point and start to drain ,whilst draining take a look at loft tank to see if water level is dropping and more water entering tank.
If it is ,at least you know cold feed isnt blocked ,and the water running through may ease any air lock.
Ahh yes.. of course. Great. Will do.

SO IF IT IS leaving the tank.. then the problem was airlock.. and so re empty and filling carefully should fix.

If its not draining from the tank.. then its safe to assume its a bloackage? (And start to cry a little)

Thanks for your help so far, i appreciate it!!

Thanks all

Would it be a good idear tomorrow.. to "start again"...

Il turn the water comming into the house off.
Il drain the CH water from the rad with a hose
Open all bleeds/vents
Close the draining hose up
Close all bleeds/vents
Turn water back on

Bleed the system from down to up

Please.. if any of that order/list is wrong or missing.. please educate.

Stop screwing around

My advice is get professional in to carry out the repair
You have not posted what boiler you have, thus what the setup is
You are touchy too, humbleness will get you sorted. I am not saying you should grovel, but what I am saying is you have embarked on a task that may have been unnecessary, now you are in dodo
I can see where the issue can be thus no wooshing of water when you try to bleed the radiator, but more information is required to sort the issue

Morning. Have done as you suggested.

Water IS INDEED filling back up.
I think il drain the heating system down fully then, then bleed ect and let it fill back up.

Morning. Have done as you suggested.

Water IS INDEED filling back up.
I think il drain the heating system down fully then, then bleed ect and let it fill back up.
Hi again. Ive noticed 2 of the downstairs rads arnt draining.. no supprise, as there pipes go upwards.. no wonder. (Concrete floors on this area)

No extra drain points on theese 2.

Im going to have to crack a nut or 2 and have some makeshift guttering.... Arnt i? :)

You may not need to do anything to those rads that are full of water ,unless you still have issues after re filling the system.

You may not need to do anything to those rads that are full of water ,unless you still have issues after re filling the system.
Im bleeding rads now.

Nothing is happening it seems.

No air, no water.

No hot water no heating.

Im at my witts end now.

I dont have the money for a plumber.. but im going to have to find it it seems.

Surely the rad that you attached hose to is full of water ,and bleeding it results in water streaming out ?

Surely the rad that you attached hose to is full of water ,and bleeding it results in water streaming out ?
Interestingly.. no. Seems then, no water is going from tank to system.

Also.. i felt the top of the 3 port valve and its warm.. as if its powerd on. So ive turned the switch that supply's the electric off. And i heard water movement.

I changed the wires like for like. One at a time.

What the hell.
Do i need a priest?

You mentioned what sounded like an air vent near your cylinder, open that to let air out (it may be blocked, you may have to poke some wire in the hole)
When you've done that, turn the boiler off, but leave everything else running, boiler won't overheat then.

Ive attached some pictures...

Attachments

• 16308360922295230169050516879342.jpg
    16308360922295230169050516879342.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 1630836124671342511901280763337.jpg
    1630836124671342511901280763337.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 16308361434305590479910603575872.jpg
    16308361434305590479910603575872.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 16308361597156018553915844387062.jpg
    16308361597156018553915844387062.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 16308361851392233911324458541687.jpg
    16308361851392233911324458541687.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 69

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back