Just changed 3 port valve. Boiler wont fire up.

The vertical section of pipe has an air bleed valve on the end ,turning the knurled nut on top ,anti clockwise allows air to vent until water comes out
Is port B connected to the pipe going into cylinder on the 3 port valve ?

Sponsored Links
The 3 port valve has a lever on the side. Move it to the manual position. With all power disconnected.

The vertical section of pipe has an air bleed valve on the end ,turning the knurled nut on top ,anti clockwise allows air to vent until water comes out
Is port B connected to the pipe going into cylinder on the 3 port valve ?
B indeed goes to cylinder.

I turned the spindle valve thing on the vertical pipe near the port valve.. noises happend. Sounds like water gugling and moving around. I stayed there for a good while. No water came through.. but the gurggling did stop.

I started to bleed some rads.. air came out but then came to a stop.

One of the rads dribbles water out.
The others are just nothing.

Downstairs rad (with the drain hose) still does bothing.. no air.. no water.

Sponsored Links
Show us a pic of the feed pipework from the f&e tank ,where it joins the central heating pipework ,somewhere close to the hot water cylinder. The system appears to be starved of water,typical of a blocked feed.

Reverse feed the system with a hose pipe on the drain cock, from the garden hose, only open the garden tap a small amount while you run around and bleed everything.

Andy

Reverse feed the system with a hose pipe on the drain cock, from the garden hose, only open the garden tap a small amount while you run around and bleed everything.

Andy
Yes, and I'd add - keep an eye on the F/E tank. Eventually it will fill via the outlet pipe, if it gets high enough the overflow should handle it, but don't rely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back