Just had roof fitted... Is there something missing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've just had a roof fitted on the garage and wondered if they have missed something off the corners as they are currently open.. Do they need capping or finishing somehow?

Thanks, Devs.
IMG_4941.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG

Sponsored Links
They’re set per the drawings.

Do the corners need capping?

The skylights are irrelevant to the question but that's pretty much par for the course on this forum. I have dry verge caps on my roof and there is nothing closing the gaps at the ends. But I have guttering and that tends to hide the open ends. I don't see any gutters in your pics so presumably they will be added.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pete for your input mate. That’s what I thought.

I thought the guys had missed something tbh so good to hear it’s not the case.

Yes I’ll be adding the gutters next week.

Do you think they are worth filling in some way to avoid nesting?

Cheers.

They are per the drawings... so right!

The post wasn’t anything to do with them.

In fairness datarebel has pointed out an issue that’s detrimental. The velux flashing has been installed wrong the first tile should be on top of the side flashing.

Ah fair enough, I didn’t realise he was saying that they had been installed wrong? Trust that it warrants me pulling the fitters and having it rectified? Sorry but I don’t understand what you mean by.. “ the first tile should be on top of the side flashing” ?

Cheers

Last edited:
The only part of the velux flashing that should be showing is the front apron. ( the rippled bit at the bottom) the side flashing should be under that tile it’s sitting on as driving rain will more than likely cause a leak. Speak to your roofer and tell him you don’t think the side flashings have been fitted correctly and if he’s a roofer and not just a jack of all trades he ll agree and rectify it.

Good man, cheers for the clarification there’s 6 in total so will check them all tomorrow and speak to them on Monday. Thanks.

Hi guys just looking at the skylights compared to the ones in the main house, prior to speaking to the fitters tomorrow.. Trust that they have avoided the extra cuts on the bottom tiles?

IMG_1969 2.JPG
Bottom pic of main house fitted correctly..
IMG_0314.JPG

the problem is they are not trying to avoiding cut tiles, it is the positioning of the windows in relation to tile courses.. clearly explained in the instructions.
cut all you like on these and it wont work correctly

Okay thanks for that and I now understand what you’re saying. Is there any ‘feasible’ alternative or just live with it and hope they don’t leak? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back