Just hired a Bricklayer... Not happy after second day

Sponsored Links
I checked the casualty lists because the Irish have never declared war on any other nation. Until reading the wikipedia page I was unaware that they participate in UN peace keeping forces.

I've worked with a number of Irishmen who served in peacekeeping forces, IIRC in the Congo and elsewhere.

I believe the UN compensates donor countries quite generously.

This is entirely irrelevant to the virtues of bricklaying inventions, so it fits well to this thread.

Sponsored Links
They are currently laying these blocks with what looks like at least a 50mm bed on them. Surely this is not good? Is this acceptable. I'm getting so annoyed! My beam and block floor was level over 12meters within 3mm. They are now laying blocks on it with a 50mm bed one end and a 10mm bed the other. Seem to be laying it in line with existing house rather than level??!!!

A number of things here -

1) You did day rate. First error.
2) Why so many blocks and bricks below DPC? What's wrong with trench blocks where possible?
3) They didn't build the house and that's the problem building new onto old when levels are out.

Bed and perp size is really irrelevant on the inner leaf, I'm sure you're gonna plasterboard over the inner blocks.

As long as the brick coursing on the extension matches at both ends of the house, the 40mm unlevelness of the house won't be seen across the extension.

If they were on piece rate, the speed would have been quicker and you would then have to keep a check on quality, hence why new build housing estates are junk.

I've worked with a number of Irishmen who served in peacekeeping forces, IIRC in the Congo and elsewhere.

I believe the UN compensates donor countries quite generously.

This is entirely irrelevant to the virtues of bricklaying inventions, so it fits well to this thread.

Have you seen the film
The Siege of Jadotville. Great film true story.

Sponsored Links
Back