"Just pop down and tidy up a few wires..."

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
19335C96-2443-4EE1-9CD5-D101FBE8CB22-11810-000014798371DEF2.jpg

Not being funny mate but I think I need to pretty much build you a new panel.
Some people.

Sponsored Links
No Unfortunatly not. It's a grain plant and their health and safety officer picked up on it to be corrected.

I would be interested in knowing what's what with all that, (By section)
That's if you are not sick of the site of it.

Sponsored Links
There-in lies the problem. Well-meaning technicians make undocumented modifications over several years (or decades) and you get to the point where what you have bears little or no resemblance to the "as-built" drawings.

I once was presented with a gas turbine compressor control system that bore no similarity to the drawings. So much so that systems that were expected to be powered had no power and vice-versa. The unit still ran (most of the time) and shut-down on demand (most of the time) but obviously needed to be sorted out

Having spent several weeks trying to trace wires in trunking without causing "accidental" trips I came to the conclusion that the only proper way to resolve the issue was to rip the whole system out and replace it.

I managed to get this approved, spent £2 million building a new system only to see it all moth-balled to avoid loss-of-revenue. At that stage I decided that early retirement was the better option.

Now here is the irony. I could work on massive gas powered gas turbines (on the basis of my professional qualifications and accreditation with HSE) but touch a piddling domestic boiler without a GS ticket and there'd be lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth. :) :)

looks quite tidy to me, not enough relays hanging in free space by far

A few loose wires need putting back in the trunking and some kind of management system needs to be built for all those SWAs at the bottom but other than that it honestly doesn't look too horrible to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back