just wanted to fix boiler timer, got quotes for wireless thermostats?

but its wired, I'd be scared shietless to deal with electrics as a layman.
I may be talking out my 'arris but with a programmable room thermostat, surely there’s only two wires (the ones that go to the original room stat) to connect? Something like this:

48D135DA-4C23-4B74-A776-DA115D9ABBAC.jpeg

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...wVCg4DM0g2NTYmoGfm4_K3lGs1uyrAtcaAmBJEALw_wcB

Sponsored Links
They answered
"
"There's not enough wires at the thermostat to achieve this! No contant power supply!

You'll need an electrician to run a new cable."

Maybe they wont make enough money on it and are lying.
I didnt actually get charged a call out fee for their first visit there, so I guess ill be nice and just pay up the £156 to replace the mechanical

They answered
"
"There's not enough wires at the thermostat to achieve this! No contant power supply!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: - what utter tosh. If the existing works, there will be at least 2 wires a live and switched, which is all that’s needed for a 2 wire/battery operated programmable thermostat. Either they were lying or have a lack of knowledge of wiring controls.

Sponsored Links
Although he should have known what part to replace by talking before he came to see it, so I guess theyd be dicks for charging 2 callout fees...
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: - what utter tosh. If the existing works, there will be at least 2 wires a live and switched, which is all that’s needed for a 2 wire/battery operated programmable thermostat. Either they were lying or have a lack of knowledge of wiring controls.
Yeah , the house is empty though, the quote is fairly average and I need it done like immediately so I don't mind paying it.
Also same company is involved in a job at my brothers house i organized for him and dont want to mess things up.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
and dont want to mess things up
impossible to mess up as already said only two wires in a battery powered unit and they can go either way round, but if you have too much money just go for it

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
impossible to mess up as already said only two wires in a battery powered unit and they can go either way round, but if you have too much money just go for it
I think @Dace means mess things up for the brother?
Also same company is involved in a job at my brothers house i organized for him and dont want to mess things up.

Yeah , the house is empty though, the quote is fairly average and I need it done like immediately so I don't mind paying it.
That’s up to you, you’ve been given plenty of options and advice, but final decision comes down to yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back