Kango 950

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Where do I grease my Kango 950 which no longer hammers and I led to believe may be due to loss of or lack of grease? :) :D

Sponsored Links
Is that the old Kango 950? Like this....
kangom.png

Might be more than grease you need.
Milwaukee build these now. :D

Hi Norcon,
Yes thats the one. Very little use only really blunted one chisel!! It has stood for ages or should I say maybe 5 years. It sounds like its "hammering" and vibrates a bit. The piston is all attached and the barrel I assume it slides in is NOW free although it was stuck.
Regards jddevel :D

Put it in for a general service or you'll probably ruin it.

Bet they are a fortune to replace.

Sponsored Links
Common problem with old Kangos.

Once warm they are ok. Somehow when cold the tool does not connect with the striker.

Use some oil first then put a blob of grease on the end of the tool before inserting it (ooer missus!).

Hi,
Whilst grateful for your advice Joe90 I`m afraid I`m at the cynical age where I don`t trust so called service engineers. Having built houses, restored classic cars I`m afraid I take the attitude that there is no such thing as "can`t" Don`t know how or phy :D sically unable to are my views. So asking where the grease goes comes under the heading "don`t know how" So ask!.
With regard to Nosealls` remarks appreciated but I believe perhaps a "top up" of Kango grease may be required from what I`ve discovered on the net. But where to put it????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back