Keeping hands and feet warm while working at a the computer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody any ideas how to keep hands and feet warm while working at the computer please?

Thanks
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Put the computer base under the desk, the heat from it should keep your feet warm & toasty (does for me).

As for your hands, where are you? In the shed is not the best environment for a computer :)

Try fingerless gloves, type more & faster so blood flows around your hand more :)

assuming in a cold shed

a 2-3kw fan heater on the floor about 1-2m away aimed at your feet area this will both warm your feet and by rising heat your hands
set the heat level as low as possible so your feet are moaning a bit but ok
better to go for higher heat levels when you want to boost a very cold room then as low as possible to maintain
but keep in mind a 3kw heater may be to big for a shed supply and cost up to 45p an hour to run

The computer doesn't have a base.

I can't type faster as have no use of my hands.

I was hoping someone would know some thermal or microwaveable gloves and socks that they know work?

Thanks for help
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
is it an open draughty location ??
can you move to another wall ??
do you have cold feet when sitting watching the tv?

is it an open draughty location ??
can you move to another wall ??
do you have cold feet when sitting watching the tv?
Thanks.

Moving anywhere in the room isn't any different.
I don't have a TV but expect it would be the same.
Thanks for help

is this a room in your house ??
a colder annex ??
do you in general suffer from cold extremities ??
the point about watching the tv is in the normal family setting rather than the fairly static at a desk situation ?

is this a room in your house ??
a colder annex ??
do you in general suffer from cold extremities ??
the point about watching the tv is in the normal family setting rather than the fairly static at a desk situation ?

This is my bedroom.
I am on my own.
I am usually on the go all the time when I don't suffer from cold extremities

well as i said earlier a fan heater on minimum level aimed in your foot area is a brilliant place to start
but assuming you have gas central heating which is 30% the running costs off electric then maximizing the heat you can get from the radiators and topping from other sources to feel comfortable
do you have poor circulation in extremities when stationary do you for example always get cold ankles rather than feet

I was hoping someone would know some thermal or microwaveable socks that they know work.
JamesEB

I sometimes wore this sort of thing when I worked in a clean but cold building

s-l1600.jpg

genuine Uggs are about a hundred pounds, but you can get cheap copies with fur fabric and fake suede very cheaply, especially on ebay. They have no ankle support which is a disadvantage if you are unsteady or have a weakness. They are very warm, soft, light and comfortable. There was a fashion for teen girls to wear them.

Sponsored Links
Back