Keter plastic shed roof leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Keter 8x8 "Apollo" plastic shed. It's actually been pretty good for around 6 years, but over the winter, the roof has developed leaks around the area of the internal gutter section/support across the middle of the shed.

Removing the roof sections yesterday, the problem is that one of the eight roof panels no longer locks properly into the central beam/roof light running the length of the shed no matter what I do with it. The sealing edge is bent out of shape. Light rain is fine, but heavy rain has the entire joint soaked and dripping water inside.

The affected roof panel and another three out of the eight have bleached very badly and I'm thinking there was something wrong with them at manufacture as the other four are fine. I suspect even if I sort one panel out, I'm going to have future problems with others.

I'm faced by the look of things with the following options:

1. Get a full set of replacement roof panels from Keter, but apparently this model is discontinued. It will still be under their 7 years "limited" warranty but whether it will cover the type of problem is another matter. I've asked that question today.

2. Take the roof apart and re-assemble it with sealant rather than trusting the dry jointing, and then maybe do a coat of roofing sealer over the roof sections to make it look half decent.

3. Make a timber roof for it!

4. Replace the whole shed. The latest version of 8x8 shed from Keter is £730 quid from Argos and I note the roof is a different design, but still wouldn't be comfortable buying again.

Anyone had any similar issues with this product? The idea seems fine in theory but an effective lifespan of only 6 years seems very poor compared with even a cheap traditional shed.

I'd also be interested in any recommendations for a replacement if I have to go that route. I've tended to steer clear of the metal ones due to appearance/condensation and haven't seen any other plastic ones that look half decent yet. Suppose there's back to good old wood!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Struggled to find my proof of purchase + when I read the warranty terms, what I'd get back after so many years wouldn't even buy a cheap/small wooden shed. So, have taken the whole roof to pieces yesterday and re-assembled it with building silicone sealant. I'm going to then coat the whole roof with Cromopol Acrylic roof coating for good measure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back