Key not recognized

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a honda civic imagine 1.7 ctdi, had a slight bump today now the thing wont start. The key isn't being recognized by the immobiliser (key symbol constantly flashing) someones told me theres a reset switch somewhere on the car but i cant find it and the honda service dept is closed till tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to do ?

Sponsored Links
I'd suspect the immobilizer can only be only be programmed with honda diagnostics equipment tbh, what age car is it?

Its a 52 plate. Its going in for repair (insurance job new front bumper required) thought i'd try and keep cost down by driving to repair centre (at the moment it'll need towing) Cheers

There is a key turn sequence to reset the imobiliser i beleve.
also when i had a key cut via volkswagon they programmed the key using a key turn scequence outside the showroom in my own car.

might be something you can search for, i know that mechanics occasionally keep the databooks for such things.

Sponsored Links
if it hasn't started after a bump it may be a fuel cut off which is needing reset.All you have to do is find it and press the button on it nornally

I think the fuel cut off switch can be found by opening the glove box, and feel through the gap to the top right and you might feel a rubber thing with an indentaion in the top, press it :) If you cant fit your fingers through the gap just squeeze the top sides of the glove box together and it should rotate all the way down till the glove box is fasing the floor.

Back