Key to increase pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ye old Vailant combi boiler sometimes loses pressure. I then have to increase it before there is combustion and I get hot water / heating.

A muppet plumber I called last year or so broke the turning key that let me do this. I watched some Youtube videos and could not turn the switch with any of my flat head screwdrivers. I called a boiler and he charged me £50 for a minute's work. The guy had one of those multi-head screwdrivers.

Can I buy a key that I can insert and turn the pressure switch in the future?

This is what my boiler looks like ( I put the green arrow :D ) :

20201103-201343.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not difficult to do If you have basic plumbing skills and a few tools. Can you solder copper pipe and fittings ?

Sponsored Links
You could use compression fittings if it's just the soldering that you can't do.

As Terry advised, by far your best option here is to have an external filling loop fitted

That bit looks halfway to being knackered now external loop. Bob

If fitting an external loop get a decent one not the cheap crap that are available

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back