Kick-step wheels

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
You've probably seen those rolling stools/steps in shops and libraries

s-l225.jpg

where they have wheels, artfully sprung so that you can roll it along by pushing it with your foot, but when you stand or sit on it, the springs compress and the base sits firmly on the floor and will not move until you get off.

I was thinking of making a step to go in the plinth space under kitchen units, to reach high selves, and wheels would be nicer than dragging it out.

Does anyone know the correct name, or a supplier, for this kind of wheel or castor?

Sponsored Links
thanks!

a bit powerful and expensive for what I need, but I'll keep looking

Sponsored Links
apart from the ukulele, yes, thanks

I don't recall seeing that Blum one, I saw a simpler version somewhere, probably carpenter-built, maybe £hundreds cheaper

I wonder what Blum Space Step costs?

What flooring material would the wheels have to move over? Deep-pile carpet might need bigger wheels than for laminate.

Have made similar with heavy duty “ plans chest” runners , did not touch the floor but still take very heavy weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back