Kingfisher Mf RSL 100 - not igniting

@mcmoby69 please look up and notice that my first words in response to @steve32 include a "thank you".

It took four posts from yourself to say thankyou to Steve, as you seemed to have forgotten them in your first post, and, also the word please.

As I said,
No please, thank you or kiss my arse in your first post, first impressions count you know!
I was brought up to say please and thank you. Its basic etiquette. It would have received the same response but a bit 'softer'

:p

Sponsored Links
Would others agree with the @Steelmasons estimate for such repair ?

If this is the case then maybe it's not worth repairing but replacing the whole system including the boiler ?

@mcmoby69 Would you be so kind and present your view on this matter ? I will be grateful for your input. (no please, no thank you but I hope it fits the "basic etiquette" :) )

@mcmoby69 we agree at least in one area.

Yep it would appear we do, yours was the first post and omitted the basics, therefore you got a basic response.

Can't think of a single person in my customer base that doesn't say please or thank you. Even my referrals say it, and I don't even know them!

Sponsored Links
@Steelmasons that's your opinion which you have shared with others. Thank you for this input. As you have previously stated you don't wish to bring any comment with any merit to this discussion.

@mcmoby69 Would you be so kind and present your view on this matter ? (no please, no thank you but I hope it fits the "basic etiquette" :) )

Well it's almost a please! ;)

No reason why it can't be fixed tbh. But I'm not in front of the boiler. There is no way I would recommend a new boiler or system without inspecting personally.

What do you not understand??..I have already told you that the answers you are looking for will not be forthcoming.....

@mcmoby69 after reading few posts back that "Yes I do have an idea what the problem is" I was under the impression that you can estimate the work required to fix the problem which there is in your opinion. On the other hand the additional question was, about economical issue (replacement of a boiler) in case that estimate of @Steelmasons is correct and you agree with it. In your opinion would it be justifiable to replace a boiler and system if the cost of repair was approx. 600 pounds ?

I have already told you that the answers you are looking for will not be forthcoming

@Steelmasons I have already understood that you are unable or unwilling to provide me with a recommendation where I can find a honest professional to deal with my problem. Therefore I'm not expecting that such an answer will come from your direction.

Tedio........us. All you need to know is that NO gas related advice is permitted on the public forum. You are asking for possible causes to your fault so as to effect your own repairs. There have been many like you on here and all get the same response. This is for your own safety. As for recommending, try BG's one off repair.

I have Kingfisher Mf RSL 100 boiler which stopped to ignite and does so only on rear occasion.

Once HW or CH is switched, motorised valves work, then fan starts, one click can be heard and that is it.

It doesn't try to ignite again and fan will keep on working until HW and CH are switched off.

Should it try to ignite again automatically ?

If it ignites on rear occasion then it automatically switches itself of in normal cycle and ignites again after a while without a problem. Seems to have a problem only to ignite when it's cold.

I have replaced electrode however it didn't help.

I have cleaned around pilot light, using compressed air and brush, didn't make any difference.

Any ideas ?
Sounds like it could be a torn diaphragm which would cause loss of pressure.

Or maybe gas valve faulty. Needs diagnostics to determine for sure. Get a corgi out

Or maybe gas valve faulty. Needs diagnostics to determine for sure. Get a corgi out
Tell me where the diaphragm is situated on that boiler?:LOL:

What diaphragm. Your suggestion based on fact or supposition
What has Corgi to do with it?

You are correct when you say systematic approach needed to pinpoint the defect(y)

do not get one of these it will not be able to fix your boiler.

steelmasons quote is tongue in cheek, it shouldn't cost that.
its not new boiler time yet.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    142 KB · Views: 75

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back