Kingfisher Mf RSL 100 - not igniting

Sponsored Links
If you give your location there maybe a boiler repair engineer in your area on this site.
The top engineer in London charges £84.00 pounds to diagnose a fault providing you are on a bus route.
If you are so distrustful of gas engineers then it would probably be best to call Baxi service formally heat team they offer a fixed price repair with a warranty.

@45yearsagasman after a first concise answer from @steve32 it was clear to me that it's a common job and requires a gas certified professional to deal with it. I'm far from tinkering with the gas system. Due to my previous experience I have asked two questions. One regarding users opinion about estimated cost for such repair based on their experience, second about recommendation where I can find a honest professional so I will have a better chance to get a reasonable person to fix the job. Thank you for your recommendation regarding British Gas.

steelmasons quote is tongue in cheek, it shouldn't cost that.
its not new boiler time yet.

@mcmoby69 would you be so kind and share your opinion about the estimated cost of such repair ? By the way new system and boiler system are in the pipeline anyway, even obtained planning permission (more work involved than just plumbing) however vision of dealing with tradesman like some in this group delays my plans.

Sponsored Links
however vision of dealing with tradesman like some in this group delays my plans.

Have to say, hand on heart, have some fine gents here whose words of wisdom are like a fresh breath of air. As a heating engineer, it is not for the first time, I have looked for guidance here

Lately there have been posts here that have caused waves thus tempers are somewhat frayed. Perhaps it would be prudent to say, boiler repairs is not a straightforward task ( most times needing voltage, pressure and what not to be checked for a start), made doubly difficult when not in front if the boiler. Also remember, a step by step guide to get you to fix your boiler is counter to site recommendations.

@steve32 Thank you for suggesting Baxi. I'm in north Kent, small village between Dartford and Maidstone (DA3). Out of curiosity how is it possible to find and contact this "top engineer in London" ?

On a side note, I'm not distressed by gas engineers, just all tradesman due to previous experience. Although I am an engineer myself just totally different area of expertise, I expect same standard from others as are expected from me by my customers. Another example is a problem with a "leaking wall", after spending few thousands of pounds on local experts in roofing and building trade it's still not fixed. All were eager to accept money however I'm still left with the problem. My solution ? Reconstruct part of the house as it's going to be more economically justifiable than spending money on "experts in the area" believing they can fix it. Maybe I'm just unlucky and unable to choose the right people to do the job.

Have to say, hand on heart, have some fine gents here whose words of wisdom are like a fresh breath of air. As a heating engineer, it is not for the first time, I have looked for guidance here

@DP thank you for reassuring me that there is hope :) I don't doubt that here are people with knowledge, experience and at the same time ability to communicate with common people like me and not just with members of the same tribe. It's a skill to communicate complex problems in simple understandable terms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back