Kingfisher Roof Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this stuff advised for freshening up a roof?

My roof is in good condition but it does look tired (the property was built 1963) I was thinking of freshening up the look of it with some roof paint, but want to check I won't cause any in advertant issues (e.g. stop roof "breathing") or some other such thing.

Thanks,

Dust

Sponsored Links
Have a look through the old posts re. roof paint . The general consensus is it's a comp£ete wa$te of money !

I'm no expert but they are the original 1963 tiles, cement/clay based? My roofer said the roof is sound and so as such this is simply a way of makingit look aesthetically better.

But I am also aware that doing things like this can cause issues - I mean does it affect the thermal properties of a tile and lead to cracking during high heat? Can it cause issues with moisture retention and cracks during frosts?

I am finding more and more with each job I undertake I am met with problems that I didn't even consider, so I ask more experienced people here if they know of any downsides.

The paint is not to fix any issues, just to make an older roof look a bit nicer.

Sponsored Links
Look nicer? Lol what's that all about?
Like some sort of high gloss plastic tat from Argos?

Think about how long painted fascias look nice for and what you have to do every three years to make them look nice again, and what happens if you don't.

Noted. This is why I am putting in the research before hand!

I'll save myself the coin then. Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back