Kings coronation bank holiday.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What will all the Republicans on here be doing on that day? Taking a paid holiday? Working as normal? Taking a forced holiday and donating that days pay to a worthy cause?

I'm only gutted as its not one of my work days so I’ll not be getting paid for doing nothing but on the other hand, I may get a paid holiday today as the teachers are on strike, the session has been paid for and as the song goes…no income tax, no VAT, no money back, no guarantee…….. ;)

Anyway, the Coronation. I'll be watching it - it'll be a once in a lifetime event for most people.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wont be watching it.

I'm not anti royal, but I do think the time has passed for an unelected, non merit based head of state with special privileges from tax to inheritance.

Im a royalist, to me they represent the decent tolerant side of the English, the post above illustrates the hard right dislike of monarchy because it threatens unprincipled rampant capitalism interested only in profit not people.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Going for a bike ride weather permitting, roads may be quieter than usual

It may be the only Coronation i'll live to see and it'll be interesting to bear witness to such an important moment in our long history...but who among you will bend the knee and swear fealty to your rightful liege Lord?

I've got my "Not My King" poster ready and will ensure the any footage of it is banned from the TV! It's my son's birthday party and there are a few 'close' family members who are actively choosing to watch some unelected, sponging, parasite be crowned "King of England" on their Saturday.

Are work going to pay me bank holiday rates for going in? No. Why would anybody go to work if it's a bank holiday? I bet few of us here are practicing Christians but I bet many of us have enjoyed an Easter bank holiday or two...

I really think the continuation of this 'family' should be opened up to a referendum soon.

I've taken some work on for the day. Don't usually work Saturdays but swapped it for Monday. Making that my bank holiday

Im a royalist, to me they represent the decent tolerant side of the English, the post above illustrates the hard right dislike of monarchy because it threatens unprincipled rampant capitalism interested only in profit not people.

Blup
Ah yes, decency, tolerance, the cornerstones of the monarchy through the ages.

English maybe but of strong German descent, no?

The monarchy built its wealth through (often) unprincipled rampant policies served up against its own subjects and countries across the world.

I wouldn't for a nano sec wish any of them any harm, however to me the whole concept in this day and age is outdated.

The monarchy built its wealth through (often) unprincipled rampant policies served up against its own subjects and countries across the world.
I’ve no doubt that the land my house is built on was at some point in time taken by somebody who was not the original settler/owner but how far back can you go? Who owns the land on which your house was built and how did they happen to own it?

Last edited:
I would rather watch paint dry than watch the Corona-nation!

Wonder if we'll see any new Coronation Streets being built.

I’ve no doubt that the land my house is built on was at some point in time taken by somebody who was not the original settler/owner but how far back can you go? Who owns the land on which your house was built and how did they happen to own it?
The whole concept of a 'royal family' in this day and age makes little to no sense to me. Wealth built on land grabs and dubious taxes. Inherited wealth and privilege. Around £100 million in taxes still going to them. I'll never be anyone's 'subject' and I'll never bow to anyone.

Sponsored Links
Back