Kings coronation bank holiday.

Next question, will you take the oath of allegiance?

Blup

Sponsored Links
I accept that their existence is based on what were norms at the time. It's like slavery (in all its forms) -- it was once an economic normality of economies around the world, but we have evolved to understand that it was/is cruel and abhorrent.

Kings, Queens and fairy Godmothers then, belong in children's books and the writings of history. I don't understand why a modern-day nation can support a Head of State and his ilk who is totally unelected and - in Charles' case - meddling and unaccountable. People seem to have this blind love of them, with any criticism immediately shot down. People also seem to assume that being republican means not being patriotic. I'm proud of Britain and the hard work and achievements of its generations of hard working people. I cannot be proud of a state-funded family of people. They are irrelevant in my eyes.

The tourism revenue gets pushed a lot, but even the very highest estimate of their income is just a tiny fraction of our overall tourism revenue. Just think of what we could earn charging tourists entry to their castles, homes and estates, as the French did.

Sponsored Links
All for a monarchy. Why not, what harm is it doing? Hurts no one and only benefits UK - and our monarchy is admired by other countries who ditched theirs. In fact like the Trump effect, it's good to give the lefties something to get worked up about. :ROFLMAO:

Having said that, I'm not too interested in the characters involved. Some are no doubt unsavoury (same can be said for many families), but we shouldn't let Andy and Hal detract from our history or let the liberals use them as an excuse to ruin the simple enjoyment of our traditional pomp and ceremony for everyone else. Not too keen on Chas although Camilla looks like fun, but Wills and Kate seem a reasonably safe pair of hands. Rather them than me.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the other side of the opinion but I'm so used to being bombarded with "oh I love the Queen, don't say that" or "yeah but what have you done for the country", etc. whenever discussions like this come up! People then assume I'm part of the dangerous left you mention, so I have to distance myself from them.

The first Charles (executed 1649) had a death warrant signed for by my Grandfather 14 generations back (Edward Whalley). Bit of a tradition of it our side.

I'm only gutted as its not one of my work days so I’ll not be getting paid for doing nothing
This time around of course...

But you can feel less 'gutted' if you just think about all those thousands of pounds of taxpayers money that you got for work you admitted you weren't going to do anyway ;)

In the real world this farcical 'pomp and ceremony' costs vital services money...

For example the company that my partner helps manage now loses up to £80k each additional 'royal day off' which can't be then spent on what they are supposed to provide!

Strange that not wanting an unelected figurehead makes you a lefty.

Most, especially on the right, believe strongly in elections.

Next question, will you take the oath of allegiance?
Two words and the second one is 'off'...

Anyone who kowtows to another person whatever their status is by default showing their inferiority complex...

Respect is a different thing, and I have respect for many people I know both friends and family...

But that doesn't include an unelected head of state who has gained a position of unbelievable wealth and influence by an accident of birth...

Oh, and he's a completely stupid adulterous twát to boot!

Why would anyone want to swear allegiance to such a person?

According to political science (not a real science) being a monarchist is associated with politics on the right, not left.

I always knew I was a leftie.

According to political science (not a real science) being a monarchist is associated with politics on the right, not left.
Most royalists are according to science (apparently) right wing w*nkers...

They wouldn't know what to do with any 'leftie feelings' they might occasionally have ;)

But luckily for those who believe in people over privilege, charley boy has driven the royal rating to a historic low...

It's only a matter of time (y)

Last edited:
Two words and the second one is 'off'...

Anyone who kowtows to another person whatever their status is by default showing their inferiority complex...

Respect is a different thing, and I have respect for many people I know both friends and family...

But that doesn't include an unelected head of state who has gained a position of unbelievable wealth and influence by an accident of birth...

Oh, and he's a completely stupid adulterous twát to boot!

Why would anyone want to swear allegiance to such a person?
have to agree with most of that, especially the inferiority complex, being a lesser citizen because of not being born into such privilege.

not doffing my cap to anybody, certainly not a family with standards such as theirs

Many moons ago I swore allegiance to queen and Country, I have no respect for a family that entertains Child Trafficking Paedophiles over the decades and ignore the plight of my brothers who are thrown out on the streets suffering from PTSD!
Many veterans are saying we were pointing our rifles in the wrong direction!
Jug Ears has sworn his allegiance to Klaus Schwab.
Like father like son!
The apple didn't fall far from the tree!

Attachments

• IMG_20230405_163326_222.jpg
    IMG_20230405_163326_222.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 27
But you can feel less 'gutted' if you just think about all those thousands of pounds of taxpayers money that you got for work you admitted you weren't going to do anyway
:unsure: Thousands? Tens of thousands if you don’t mind! If you’re going to try to finance shame me, at least get the figures right! ;)

I take it you'll be working through - care homes are not closing for the day, are they?

Last edited:
I expect Teflon Tony Bliar, Klaus Schwab and the Rothschilds would attend this event..

Attachments

• IMG_20230501_221012_136.jpg
    IMG_20230501_221012_136.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Back