Kingspan K106 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have some k106 left over which is specced for cavity walls, it has foil one side and a black water proof breathable membrane on the other.

I thought I could use it in a cold pitches roof under the rafters. Kingspan say it's not specced for that.

Struggling to see any reason it couldn't be used. Anyone have any knowledge/experience that tells them this stuff would be an issue in a pitched roof under the rafters with a 50mm air gap above?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Lower u-value?

Fire resistance/hazard?

More joints, higher quality install required.

Lower u-value?

Fire resistance/hazard?

More joints, higher quality install required.
U value is the same for any given thickness.

Sizes are the same so joints should be the same.

Fire resistance...that's a good one..though I can't imagine anyone would be happy about having something flammable even in the walls! I'll see if I can find anything about fire retardation.

Thanks

Checked...same fire rating..euro class f for both k107 and k106.

Sponsored Links
U value is the same for any given thickness.

Sizes are the same so joints should be the same.

Fire resistance...that's a good one..though I can't imagine anyone would be happy about having something flammable even in the walls! I'll see if I can find anything about fire retardation.

Thanks
U-value are for the whole component construction, not individual materials. K106 is designed for walls to achieve a certain wall u-value, not a roof u-value. It lacks foil on both sides, so won't perform as a product that does in a roof.

On the underside of rafters, an 8x4 sheet would be used, so there would be less joints.

Fire performance of a cavity product and a roof product may be different, as the risk is different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back