Kitchen 1st fix.

Sponsored Links
1. Fused spur not required, the plugs have fuses.

2. Yes OK.

3. Do not put on the ring circuit. Can probably share the oven circuit.

4. Basically yes it is allowed. No requirement to chase in. Cables can go at any angle if visible. But it looks awful.

depends on the wiring method, current house happens to be surface clipped and under units so RCD not required.
All I could find was:

In AC systems, additional protection by means of an RCD with a rated residual operating current not
exceeding 30 mA shall be provided for:
(i) socket-outlets with a rated current not exceeding 32 A, and
(ii) mobile equipment with a rated current not exceeding 32 A for use outdoors.
An exception to (i) is permitted where, other than for an installation in a dwelling, a documented risk
assessment determines that RCD protection is not necessary.

so I would take "other than for an installation in a dwelling" to exclude this exception in a dwelling.

As I implied, I installed my fridge/freezer wiring before this edition, so I don't care.

Sponsored Links
All I could find was:

In AC systems, additional protection by means of an RCD with a rated residual operating current not
exceeding 30 mA shall be provided for:
(i) socket-outlets with a rated current not exceeding 32 A, and
Hardwired doesn't use a socket
(ii) mobile equipment with a rated current not exceeding 32 A for use outdoors.
my fridge is not outdoors

As I implied, I installed my fridge/freezer wiring before this edition, so I don't care.
according to the above this is not relevant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back