Kitchen breakfast bar idea with Granite Countertop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping for some advice reagrding my kitchen. The attached image shows my own plan (poor i know). Most of the units are in, however my wife and i are wanting to accomodate a small breakfast bar.

Firstly, the worktops are to be granite and i am really not sure if it can work.
Because of room (dont want it to look ridiculous) and also because of the L shaped granite piece that needs support at the 'L' point.

I also need to house the dishwasher

My wife isn't fond of the chrome leg support so i am looking for an alternative. Any suggestions appreciated.
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
My granite breakfast bar is 1.4m long in total and protrudes 300mm on 2 sides from the cupboard underneath the guy that did the measuring up said it didn't need any extra support.
Your best bet would be to get in the company thats doing the granite and ask them there advice.
Just an idea for you why dont you make the bottom of the L more rounded.

Provided the dishwasher was within some form of unit/panels then the small overhang to the right would not be a problem.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back