kitchen buying advise on brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to replace the old and rotten kitchen with a sparking brand new one.

Any advise on some brand with good quality price?

Any idea and experience is welcomed

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We are looking to replace the old and rotten kitchen with a sparking brand new one.

Any advise on some brand with good quality price?

Any idea and experience is welcomed

Thanks
With a brand all you pay extra for is their advertising budget, many use a similar source, lots of cheap online companies.

would depend a lot on budget, and what you needed in the kitchen, because of our budget and needs we went with Wickes who installed installed and are very very pleased , however, we could have spent 4/5 times the amount quite easily

Sponsored Links
My wickes gloss laminated kitchen doors have all started to split (7years old). Really annoyed!

5 years on fascias. 15 on the cabinets.

When the first one split I took it into my local wickes. He said he couldn't do much as it was purchased at another wickes store! and then started going on about how I must have cleaned it wrong and various other stuff. I gave up and just wont buy another kitchen there! Now more have split....not impressed at all.

what guarantee did you get , we had 10 years on doors and 20 on carcass - 2 on the installation https://www.wickes.co.uk/kitchen/guarantee

I recommend Howdens kitchens. Have got a glossy white kitchen from Howdens fitted 15 years ago. It still looks good.

With Howdens be prepared with copany name when they ask you if you are a limited company (they also accept sole traders).

We bought our kitchen from Magnet when it was Magnet and Southerns about 20 years ago. We took our measurements along and they designed it and showed us a computerised mock up. I got a mate to fit it and it’s still going strong today. Whether they are the same quality nowdays, I couldn’t say.

We bought our kitchen from Magnet when it was Magnet and Southerns about 20 years ago. We took our measurements along and they designed it and showed us a computerised mock up. I got a mate to fit it and it’s still going strong today. Whether they are the same quality nowdays, I couldn’t say.

I worked in a site where magnet kitchen were fitted and was strongly advised to stay well away from this. 20 years ago I believe they were more on the quality to build their name. Now it's only profit

The GF recently got a Wren kitchen. One of their high gloss ranges without door handles.

About 15-20% of the doors need to be replaced because the quality of finish isn't acceptable. They are laminated doors/draw fronts and you can see the glue lines.

I was also surprised to see that the longer doors (approx 1.5m tall) only have to hinges.

On a site that I worked on last autumn, the customer had a Wren kitchen with sprayed doors. The front and rear faces were more than acceptable but you could see runs on the edges.

A friend recently had a Wren kitchen fitted, his doors have no handles but are routed along the top/bottom edges to act as finger pulls. I couldn't fault them.

The GF recently got a Wren kitchen. One of their high gloss ranges without door handles.

About 15-20% of the doors need to be replaced because the quality of finish isn't acceptable. They are laminated doors/draw fronts and you can see the glue lines.

I was also surprised to see that the longer doors (approx 1.5m tall) only have to hinges.

On a site that I worked on last autumn, the customer had a Wren kitchen with sprayed doors. The front and rear faces were more than acceptable but you could see runs on the edges.

A friend recently had a Wren kitchen fitted, his doors have no handles but are routed along the top/bottom edges to act as finger pulls. I couldn't fault them.

We visited Wren show room and the quality was very poor compared with their asking price. They say to provide a 25 years warranty but did not read through their clause which I believe their are written in a way that everything happen to their kitchen is my fault and not the kitchen quality itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back