Kitchen cabinet lights, need to pick a electricians brains.?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm I right in saying I can take a live feed from a plug socket to a switch then take a wire from the switch to the lights to turn them on and off or; do you have to take a feed from the lighting.

If so what equipment will I need.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm I right in saying I can take a live feed from a plug socket to a switch then take a wire from the switch to the lights to turn them on and off or; do you have to take a feed from the lighting.

Thanks
You cannot take a 'live feed' from a socket to a switch and then directly to a light.
Provided the socket is not a spur you can take a 2.5mm2 T&E live, neutral and earth from the socket into a say 3Amp Switched fused connection unit and the run 1mm2 T&E live, neutral and earth to your lamps.

You're required to apply to the council for Building Regulations approval before you start, and when you do you'll have to say how you plan to comply with Part P:

I have to say that the level of knowledge and experience your post indicates does not seem enough.

Please skill-up, or get an electrician.

Thanks
You cannot take a 'live feed' from a socket to a switch and then directly to a light.
Provided the socket is not a spur you can take a 2.5mm2 T&E live, neutral and earth from the socket into a say 3Amp Switched fused connection unit and the run 1mm2 T&E live, neutral and earth to your lamps.

Thanks Riveralt
a) For answering the question and
b) For taking the time to explain what I can do.
Your an assist to any forum; not like some of the demigods we have hanging around.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

T

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back