Kitchen cupboard carcass hangers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of buying these hangers for my kitchen units:

Has anyone used these before? I find the video a little confusing due to the lack of audio description. What kindof weight can these take? It seems strange to me that the bottom of the units have no fixing points.

Could the units be drilled and screwed as well?

Sponsored Links
yes, very good stuff. Strong, easy to level, plenty of screws, and price is now very modest. I have it all round my kitchen (painted to blend in). You can reposition your cabs along it at whim.

used with these adjustable hangers
https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/product/blum-wall-cabinet-mounting-set-white-752722

752722.jpg

(the pic is upside down)

Sponsored Links
Kitchen wall units do not normally require fixing at the base.

Seems like the whole thing could twist off if knocked from below. I also worry about the strength of the brackets. How much weight can they take.

It's obvious that the traser 6 fittings, are designed for a specific cupboard, as I've never come across one that has 2 holes in the backplate, and 4 dowel holes set in the side. But they do give a much neater finish inside the cupboard than the normal type.

I've used the brackets that JohnD showed you, and they are much much better than the small brackets that come with the cupboards. As Foxhole has already said, kitchen cupboards work on the princile that the weight in them keeps them in place, but I have seen a couple of vidoes whereby angle brackets have been fitted on the wall underneath afterwards for peace of mind.

Seems like the whole thing could twist off if knocked from below. I also worry about the strength of the brackets. How much weight can they take.

Be assured they don't. I have a wall cupboard with a 12 setting dinner service and other stuff in and its been there for 15 years now
Once you have levelled your cupboard you tighten the brackets to pull them in tight unless you are planning a wrestling match you won't knock them off. The world has been hanging their kitchen units on theses brackets for the last 25 years without problems.

Our DIY Kitchens.com units came with the taser 6 brackets pre fitted

IMG_2688.PNG

I just fitted a cupboard with those. Excellent things. Easy to adjust and the locking screw means it can't be lifted off the wall.

Likewise. I've made a few special-size kitchen cupboards with those over the years (iused to buy mine from Woodfit) - a bit more work, but very robust and almost invisible (unlike the standard ones so often supplied)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back