Kitchen Cupboard door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Hopefully the right forum :D

I have small problem. Upgrading my kitchen cupboard doors buy nailing on a nice little frame around the outside of each door (creating a panelled look - hopefully you know what i mean) I have encountered a small problem.

Where the doors are hinged and due to the increased profile/thickness of the door it won't open fully as it now open onto the next cupboard. I've got standard hinges in there and I wonder if I can buy special hinges the will open the door out and round if you see what I mean. I've seen the following hinge and wonder if this will solve my problems.

http://www.doorsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_Hinges__28.html

Hinge 165.

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
could be wrong but all hingess work on a simmilar arc pattern
the only diffirence is how far round the hinges so 110 hinges
just open that much more

how thick is the molding you added and how far from the inner edge :?: :?:

big all

As the door thickness increases the gap between doors has to be increased and the amount the hole is set in from the edge adjusted as well.

Assuming you don't want to/ are unable to redrill the holes then for every 3mm you add to the thickness of the door you will have to reduce the overall width by approx 4mm depending on hinge angle, drilling distance and corner radius.

Have a look at these four pages, page 3 gives gaps but is a little hard to follow if you don't know what you are doing.

http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPath=114_221&Name=Concealed+Hinge+Technical+Information+-+4+Pages

Shout if you need more help, Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back