Kitchen Electrics Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking for ballpark figures here.

The layout/arrangement of my kitchen is going to change so the electrician will have to install sockets for;

Integrated Double Oven (may be able to use existing cooker socket)
Integrated Fridge/Freezer
Hob
Extractor Fan
Integrated Dishwasher
Freestanding Washing Machine

In addition to the above, we'll be looking to install 2 new double wall sockets.

Any ideas what sort of cost were looking at for this?

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Compared with the cost of you're new units, work tops and appliances it will be insignificant ;) and less than you're average two week holiday in Blackpool

Pensdown said:
Compared with the cost of you're new units and work top it will be insignificant ;) and less than you're average UK two week holiday

:LOL:

I'm hoping it's going to be cheaper than a weeks caravan break!!

Sponsored Links
Joking aside, Kitchens are bread and butter for a lot of sparks but we are along way down the re-fit food chain.

By the time we get in all the money has been allocated to shiny new appliances, expensive fittings and hand made Italian tiles.

Most customers don't get turned on by neat cabling (which is out of sight), good quality accessories and someone who knows and works to all the current regs.

Forget the caravan holiday sparks, push the boat out and get a real one :LOL:

Kitchen rewire, £500 ballpark. (Chances are that you will need to add RCD protection and upgrade earthing and bonding... may warrant changing your consumer unit as well... be prepared!)

As Pensdown has indicated, the major concern of householders is what it all looks like, second is cost and last of all is whether or not it's done properly, as in safely. I have yet to see a compliant installation carried out by other trades, by the way, so be wary of using anybody other than a demonstrably competent electrician. (Oh, it is also notifiable under building regulations as are a number of other issues that may arise out of the refit.)

Pensdown said:
Most customers don't get turned on by neat cabling (which is out of sight)

I do, I do! (Pant...)

Phwoar! Look at that cable bend radius! And that metalclad switch...Ooh, ooh, look at that! There's a piece of dado trunking with seperate channels for mains and communications cables.. Drool, slurp........

securespark said:
Pensdown said:
Most customers don't get turned on by neat cabling (which is out of sight)

I do, I do! (Pant...)

Phwoar! Look at that cable bend radius! And that metalclad switch...Ooh, ooh, look at that! There's a piece of dado trunking with seperate channels for mains and communications cables.. Drool, slurp........

Why aren't you at work you naughty boy!!!!!

Good job it wasn't wired in pyro.

Simon's heart may not have taken the strain :cool:

dingbat said:
Kitchen rewire, £500 ballpark. (Chances are that you will need to add RCD protection and upgrade earthing and bonding... may warrant changing your consumer unit as well... be prepared!)

As Pensdown has indicated, the major concern of householders is what it all looks like, second is cost and last of all is whether or not it's done properly, as in safely. I have yet to see a compliant installation carried out by other trades, by the way, so be wary of using anybody other than a demonstrably competent electrician. (Oh, it is also notifiable under building regulations as are a number of other issues that may arise out of the refit.)

Hope your ballparks spot on. Was budgeting around £500. At the end of the day, if I have to make sacrifices so that a good safe job is done, then I will. I've got 2 young kids so can't really afford to have anything other than a safe home environment, well as safe as practically possible!

ricicle said:
Why aren't you at work you naughty boy!!!!!

Let off early due to good behaviour.....No, I posted while at work.

RF helpfully said:
Good job it wasn't wired in pyro.

Simon's heart may not have taken the strain

The nurse did say at the hospital yesterday evening that my BP was a little high...

I got a quote yesterday for similar work - approx 3 days, labour & materials £860.

OscarP said:
I got a quote yesterday for similar work - approx 3 days, labour & materials £860.

:eek:

Electrician coming tonight so fingers crosed there's not too much work needing done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back