Kitchen extraction in high rise flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a flat we’ve recently moved into. It doesn’t have any kitchen extraction (just recirculating hood) but does have mould issues in the rest of flat. It’s also high up so external access an issue.

For belt and braces I’m thinking to drill two 150 holes in walls:

a) retrofit ducting to the hood and extract to outside.

b) fit a 150mm humidistat controlled wall extractor - so not to rely on when light is turned on to activate.

But I have seen they get mixed reviews

Could anyone recommend a 150mm humidistat wall extractor they know to work well?

Second question is where could that be wired into?

My easiest option would be the cooker hood switched fuse isolator. Could a sparky connect to that? Or would it need to be a light fitting (should be easy) or a light switch (less easy)?

On the access issue. I’m thinking to go with one of these internally fitted kits.

https://www.tradesparky.com/heating...ion/grilles/domus-2647w-instl-kit-150mm-white

If anyone has any experience using this type of kit and any feedback that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Wall fans and high blocks don't mix. It may not even work if it's on the wrong side of the block.

Also, you may not be permitted to cut into the structure.

You need to speak with your landlord for possible solutions.

Sorry, the title is misleading. It’s a second floor flat. Not sure why I went with ‘high rise’, just wanted to highlight access is a pain.

Wall fan should be fine at the height I’m talking about and we own the flat so no landlord to go to. Thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back