Kitchen floor - screed all over?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're just finishing our kitchen and are hoping that we can afford something like Karndean on the floor. The fitter has already told us we need to screed the floor but has suggested that we fit the kitchen units first, then they'll just screed to just under them, rather than doing the whole floor.

I have limited DIY experience, but it seems odd to leave out the floor under the cupboards. Is this the norm - or will it cause us problems later on (on the basis the that we don't move the cupboards around in a couple of years)?

thanks alot

Sponsored Links
i have an old kitchen at home that i will be replacing shortly. when the opportunity arises, i will furnish the entire floor with whatever the wife wants.
wether it be tiles, real oak, karndean or whatever.

you can then install the slide-out appliances such as fridge, washing machine, cooker, dishwasher etc, wherever you please.

best to fit floor under the kitchen units but will cost more and kitchen fitter may damage floor. your call!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back