kitchen hood on top floor needs an open window to work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had a kitchen hood installed, by a non professional.

When the hood is on, the air appears to blow back through the walls(electrical sockets). I'm told that this is common if you live on the top floor of an appartment, which I do. The solution is further suggested that I should open a window, when its on.
I understand the open window suction part, but is this really 'the' solution? the idea with having a kitchen hood, is not to have to open the window in the first place.

Is there a better solution?

Sponsored Links
Ha ha hilarious :p
Your 'fitter' hasn't vented the thing to the outside then, but maybe into the cavity?
John :)

This is a common problem when fitted by an idiot, does not matter which floor you are on, though you could end up on the floor if the damp air makes your sockets live to touch. :!: :!: :!:

They can normally be set to just circulate the air through a filter rather than vent to outside. If yours is not venting correctly you can try it on this unvented setting which should be described in the instruction book.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the feedback. Time to call in a pro to install it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back