Kitchen integrated appliance switching isolation

Sponsored Links
That would not happen, or be in any way inconvenient, if the sensible design of a dedicated F/F circuit (preferably non-RCD protected, but failing that at least on its own unshared RCBO) were to be implemented.

But unfortunately that is not always what we come across, and when designing to an existing installation it is not always possible.

Thanks for the replies etc.

It's not a question of my not wanting to do it, it makes very perfect sense to be able to conveniently disconnect appliances locally leaving the rest if the circuit energised, my issue is the location of the switch :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies etc. ... It's not a question of my not wanting to do it, it makes very perfect sense to be able to conveniently disconnect appliances locally leaving the rest if the circuit energised, my issue is the location of the switch :)
I think that most people who have replied to you understand that. However, some have pointed out that, if locating a switch would be too much of a problem, then there is actually no requirement to have one at all (although there are some advantages in having one).

Kind Regards, John

In situations where there's no where near the appliance to fit an easily accessible socket, or room to fit an isolator above the worktop...

...I would fit a switched fused spur in a cupboard in the most convenient place, and run a 2.5 mm twin and earth cable to a single socket or, most likely if integrated appliance, a flex outlet (outlet at bottom, not front).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back