Double pole switch locations

I have used dual boxes and they are made so that two single accessories fit neatly together. No gap.

You need to be careful with dual boxes though.

They will happily take two plastic accesories side by side, but often you can not fit two metal / flat plate side by side, as the plates are slightly larger.

I normally fit two single boxes side by side spaced about 30mm apart for this sort of scenario.

Sponsored Links
I have added some drawings.
What wall space is there to the right of the 300mm pull-out? i.e. are the doors to the conservatory in a reveal?

Its a 50 mill max infill strip and I don't think there will be room on the adjacent wall. I don't know about round the corner into the conservatory.

Fridge freezer switch in our existing house is in a wall cupboard
and has been switched off a couple of times by plates being placed in cupboard.

They could be placed higher up out of the way but then you would need something to stand on to reach them, Not good if you are in a hurry.
I asked if you could stand to lose the bottom 15-20cm of space in a wall unit, as my idea was to have them all there, but not on the sides - I envisaged them on a panel set below the bottom shelf, in the shaded area in this rather wonky sketch:

wallcup3p.jpg

Thanks for that BAS, That would do the job.

Think I will get myself some switches and a dual back box and try
different combinations 32amp/32amp or 32amp/2 grid switches and see how they look. I was priced for 2 single gang cutouts (Hob and Oven)
and 2 double gang for sockets. Have checked and I will only be a little more to make the singles into dual cutouts.

Sorry to go back to the start but do the regs (Scotland) prevent me from having switches in the adjacent store room or is it just a recommendation?

I have used dual boxes and they are made so that two single accessories fit neatly together. No gap.

They will happily take two plastic accesories side by side, but often you can not fit two metal / flat plate side by side, as the plates are slightly larger.

Does this apply to MK chroma switches and sockets

Sponsored Links

Does this apply to MK chroma switches and sockets

I couldn't say for certain. but I would guess at yes.

If I get bored later on tonight I might have a wander to my garage and measure a chroma and a white plastic socket and see what the difference is. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back