KITCHEN LAYOUT

Fantastic effort Steve & is something along the lines I envisaged, take a gong; who needs B&Q ;) . Fridge needs to stay in there but there is fairly limited under worktop storage space & I would definately try & loose the freezer into --- somewhere???

Sponsored Links
I was thinking that, but we've already relegated the dryer! :LOL: He'll end up with a freezer/dryer/washer tower under the stairs before we've done! :eek:

Having used MFI's planning service (a long time ago), I found they made us buy more cabinets than we really needed (600,400,600 where 1000,400 would have fitted). Though it was good for them to tell us exactly what we needed.

i could design you a proper plan using the planing software. This would include 3d drawings. pm me

is that 50cm to the left of the door right? the fridge would stick into the doorway wouldn't it? they're 600mm right?

Sponsored Links
no chance of moving the door over then?

and is there anything in particular you want?
belfast sink?
range cooker?
draws rather than cabinets?

is that 50cm to the left of the door right? the fridge would stick into the doorway wouldn't it? they're 600mm right?

This is why i incorporated the 30cm of empty space below the worktop, or a space where a cut-back cupboard could fit in. Would need iron-on strips for the worktop edging though. :(

no chance of moving the door over then?

No, as the wall is a supporting wall. Drawers may be better though.

I am toying with having a range cooker in the middle of the Drier wall though.

Where else could I put the fridge? As Steve says, it does need to go but where? :(

what's that got to do with the price of fish?

an engineer on the building forum would be able to tell you if it's do'able..

any chance of a downstair floor plan? we can see what we've got to work with then..

do you need an upright fridge / freezer or would you be ok with under counter ones?

how do you feel about corner sinks?

Hi Coljack and thanks for your continued interest.

ColJack said:
Any chance of a downstairs floor plan? we can see what we've got to work with then..

No chance of any building alterations sorry.

ColJack said:
do you need an upright fridge / freezer or would you be ok with under counter ones?

Might get some under counter ones.

ColJack said:
how do you feel about corner sinks?

Not really my cup of tea sorry .

swap the sink cupboard with the washer space then.. problem solved..

I only put it like that to give you an unbroken length of counter top, which you are otherwise missing..

if you could only move that door another 150mm to the right ( on my pic ) then you could have more units along that wall and not interfere with the doorway..

but since it's how it is now then you've already learned to live with it..

moving the cooker gives you a short length of counter top along that wall, but no big length..

View media item 12593
how's this one..

Thanks Coljack.

The jury is still out as I won't be starting it until the floor has been tiled. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back