KITCHEN LAYOUT

u dont u put a 450 unit in

to what are you refering?
units come in round numbers..
300, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000 and corner units or 925 for some reason..

unless you mean 450 deep.. do they do fridges 450 deep? they're all counter depth aren't they?

Sponsored Links
you can get a 450 unit as we do it

150, 300, 400, 450,500, 600, 800, 900, 1000, 1200 units

you can also do made to measure if you wanted to

the standard depth for base uni is 560mm, wall 300

pm

Hwow about making the doorway narrower - which doesn't require any structural alterations?

If it's a 2'6" door you could change it for a 2' door which would free up the 150mm that's been mentioned.

Hwow about making the doorway narrower - which doesn't require any structural alterations?

If it's a 2'6" door you could change it for a 2' door which would free up the 150mm that's been mentioned.

Now that is not a bad idea. :D

Sponsored Links
what about a bi-fold door rather than a normal full on door, not knowing how it would affect the other side of the wall, you could then put it opening into the (hall way, living room), thus keeping your kitchen space?

can't see a door on it at the moment, it's more for the walking into the units that's the problem..

how's it going along Bacho?

made a start yet?

you inspired me to have another crack at doing mine.. it's only been 2 and a bit years since I started it... should be done by the time I retire...

View media item 13143

Back on the kitchen / conservatory.........
I have removed the windows that separate both rooms and am going to swop them around to enable better access to the openers.

If you look at the pics it will show you what I have got to work with. I do wish I had put in an extension now instead of a conservatory but maybe someone can help me with a few suggestions of what I can do with the space.

As previously pointed out , there has to be a separation between the 2 rooms but is there anything else i can do to improve layout/

Thanks
Thats the kitchen with windows removed on the left.

A close up

Take out the brick wall making up the L shape opening, and replace with insulated (for building regs) stud wall with plywood on the kitchen side for fixing. This will give you a few extra inches in the kitchen, but not a lot.

We had plans drawn up about 8 years ago for a kitchen extension. I was only 15/16 at the time, I had no input. The plans were submitted and everything. Then my mum decided she wanted a conservatory, but wishes she'd had a proper extension built, as planned. The planned extension looked very good on paper too. :(

my only suggestion at this point would involve fairly major building work..

loose the side door and windows and brick up to the roof height.. then have the conservatory as a kitchen / diner..
partition off the old kitchen and stick a window in ( re-use the ones you'll have left over :) ), and use that room as a utility or downstairs WC..

as said, pretty much major building work..

if you could provide measurements of the conservatory ( inc door locations , rough will do.. ) I'll whip you up a rough plan..

just for a rough idea..

View media item 13742 :cool:

you could have the old kitchen as a WC then or a utility room..
or both..
build in a cupboard into the WC and house the washer / dryer in there.. nice louvre doors..

Take out the brick wall making up the L shape opening, and replace with insulated (for building regs) stud wall with plywood on the kitchen side for fixing. This will give you a few extra inches in the kitchen, but not a lot.

This is worth a look into. It will give me about 7 inches.

my mum decided she wanted a conservatory, but wishes she'd had a proper extension built,

Same here!

Coljack, good idea but think it will be too cold to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back