Kitchen Pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We're giving the kitchen an update after building work and I'm hoping to take pics and post them as we go along.

Today the plasterer starts so here's a taste of where we are at.

12-12-05_1822.jpg

12-12-05_1825.jpg

We've ordered basically a new kitchen and will have it fitted leaving the decorating and floor to do ourselves.

12-12-05_1823.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi Ben,

Those pictures bring back memories :D I fitted my own kitchen earlier this year along with totaly refurbishing the entire house. was great fun.

Did all the work myself though including under floor heating, new ceiling, plastered and tiled all walls... take a look here

www.phenomenalfireworks.co.uk/house.php

good luck, its worth it all in the end :LOL:

Wow, I was looking to do the same thing with my dining room (already got one picture up). But just as I was about to upload some more, the batteries failed.

I think pictures like this are great, for us ordinary DIY folk.

Edit, Mick, just went and looked at the website. As my Ozzy mate always say. "Love your work mate"

Thanks for the reassurance. It was a bit daunting whacking the old tiles and plaster off. We've had to re-build part of an inner wall already because it was such a mess from previous bodged jobs.

The plastering should be complete today, I was wondering how long to leave it before painting and whether hiring a dehumidifier is worth it?

14-12-05_2100kitch1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Blimey, that looks EXACTLY like my house!

Same back door, same units, same mess...

Not a '77 Wimpey box per chance?

At least ypu're a bit further on than me. I don't start plastering 'till after Christmas.

Good luck.

Symo

No mate, this is a '46 ex council semi!
After researching other posts, I've decided to get a dehumidifier in for a couple of days before painting.

Two things:

1.The guy at the hire shop said the room needed to be above a certain temperature for the dehumidifier to work, 60 degrees F I think he said, is this right?

2.I'm wondering if I'll crack the drying plaster if I stick a fan heater in there for a day?

quick question, just curious: why do 1940-1960's houses have pink / green plaster? :confused: all the walls in our house, when stripped off, look pink or green! and the photos above, look the same!

I think the green/pink plaster is what the council used those days so therefore, everyone else nicked the same stuff for when they did foreigners!

Things have been a bit hectic and interrupted as we've had two occasions when the better half has had contractions and we've had to go to the hospital- no pressure to get a working kitchen then...!!

Here's where we are up to.
18-12-05_2121.jpg

18-12-05_2012.jpg

the last pic in your first post, whered you get the ghost kid? always wanted to buy one to put in the porch to stop those nice people telling me to switch my gas to my electric supplier and buy my electricity off my water supplier.... :confused:

oh yeak i didnt realise the littly kiddy, i could do me with one of those!
Home Protection!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back