Kitchen Plinths - Long ones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I live on the edge of North West London / Herts / Middlesex borders and am trying to find a supplier of extra long kitchen plinths.

I will also need them delivered as one will need to be a minimum of 3.3m long, as it will be very nice to keep an unbroken line on this long run (all in all I need about 12 to 14 metres). Most I can see are 2.4 or so metres long.

I have tried B&Q, Wickes, Homebase, Selco, Builders Depot, Morans and S& D Timber.

Any ideas anyone please? I am looking for plinths that will compliment medium beech colour wood effect cabinets.

I have even thought of getting something else that would come in a long length that could be painted or sprayed and the only thing I can think of is an mdf skirting board. Problem is of course they are not sealed underneath to resist water ingress and have moulded patterns which are not required, even Pencil Round style.

Many thanks

Johan

Sponsored Links
Thank you both. However for the lengths I need the skirting would need painting or spraying, so to get a decent finish I prefer to avoid skirtng if at all possible. Plus sealing with PVA, diluted or even neat doesn't seem to last in wet areas in which water can sit for even a short-ish while.

So if anyone know of any long length plinth suppliers please?? Hopefully that will also get me my wood effect finish too. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
This may sound a little nuts but I made some long plinths (painted) from left over laminate after reducing the height with a circular saw......the point being that the vertical joins would be invisible. They were!
John :)

Most plinths are not waterproof [unless plastic]and need to sit in a plastic clear waterproof channel.So mdf is fine and can be sealed with varnish before decorating.Gives a perfect finish.I used tall torus pre-primed and turned it over for the flat side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back