Kitchen refurb (Part P)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Fitting a new kitchen, old units are coming out, and new ones back in same location. I Will be having a new oven and hood fitted, other than that, no electrical work. Will I need a Part P cert for this? If so, what't the ballpark price for this?

I know there's probably a lot more variables involved, just wanted a heads up on what's what, so I know what i'm letting myself in for!!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I Will be having a new oven and hood fitted, other than that, no electrical work.
If by "new" you mean "additional items, weren't any already there" then yes the work is notifiable - they are fixed electrical appliances. Everybody ignores this for ovens that plug into an existing socket, but the hood will need new fixed wiring installed as well.

The hob is OK because it's a replacement.

The price only applies if you DIY and notify the council - if you use a registered electrician the cost to him of notifying the work is trivial, and all the costs associated with registering shouldn't be more than a few £/day, so unless he's trying to make a statement by itemising charges on his bill, it'll just be bundled in and you won't notice it.

No, I mean new as in replacement. But it will all be moving about 150mm across so will leave it to a local registered electrician who'll do the job and part P it, so saves any hastle i suppose.

Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
Ban,
I`m interested in your opinion here.
If something is just moved or replaced then in the eyes of most it is not new and therefore not notifiable.
However, after thinking long and hard about this I have asked myself - If I disconnect something (say in a kitchen or bathroom for example), then I add in a different location within that room (might be the same or a replacement point, might be after a six month delay or a 5 minutes delay), is this notifiable?
No problem for me beacause I am registered incompetent (sorry I mean competent LOL) but seriously now I would welcome your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back