Kitchen ring main cable size

Sponsored Links
Ban

How do you propose that regulars give visitors to the site advice about how to do a job?

By teaching them what they need to know to do the job competently, and by telling them what they should be aware of regarding regulatory and legal requirements.

I realise unfortunately you're never going to understand what the problem is, I'm just trying to work out whether there's a general appetite and possibility of getting out of this embarrassing cycle or not. Personally I'd love to be able to welcome new members to the forum, but judging by other sections of the site eg plumbing, the Admin don't worry too much about the manner of the forums?

There would not be an 'embarrassing cycle' if people did not insist on prolonging that 'embarrassing cycle'.

Rebuke once if you want to and leave it at that.

I much prefer this forum to others where posts are preceded by the ramblings of the Wordy Wizard -
"If you don't mind and I may be wrong but if I might be allowed to say with no disrespect to anyone but ...etc."

Sponsored Links
I realise unfortunately you're never going to understand what the problem is
I understand fully what the problem is.

It is that people write things which are wrong, and then when I point out that they are wrong I am criticised.

I'm not bothered on my own account as I've got a thick skin, I'm bothered about new members not feeling welcome. However seems there's no real desire to change anything here so I'll leave this topic as it is. Cheers all(y)

He also decided to start arguing about what they mean by "new circuit" and how therefore when someone says "I'm installing a new circuit" they are not installing a new circuit.
You might get more sympathy if you didn't post outright lies like that one :rolleyes:

It takes two to tango.
Indeed it does, but that is never taken into account when..

And then you (over-)react to the criticism, which starts the criticisers off again, and you react again, and the thread goes into meltdown.
Yes, I react.

Funny that, isn't it, that when Bernard starts an argument with me, or Simon starts an argument with me, or John starts an argument with me, that I react when it is only I who gets criticised for the topic filling up with arguments.

You might get more sympathy if you didn't post outright lies like that one :rolleyes:
Except it's not a lie.

In as large a font as would fit I highlighted that the OP said that he was installing a new circuit, and then you started twisting and turning and "interpreting" trying to make out that it wasn't a new circuit.

Except that the OP did not say what you say he said. You are making the sort of error that you are very ready to slag off others for.
Not that I expect you to stop digging ...

Funny that, isn't it, that when Bernard starts an argument with me, or Simon starts an argument with me, or John starts an argument with me, that I react when it is only I who gets criticised for the topic filling up with arguments.
It is.

Except that the OP did not say what you say he said.
I guess that if you'd like to try to argue that people don't say "ring main" when they mean what is properly called a "ring final circuit", you might make that claim.

Sadly for you, though, there would not be a scrap of truth in the suggestion that when TOMITS says "ring main" when talking about a socket circuit in his house he is not referring to a ring final circuit.

And for the record, neither you nor anybody else will ever scare me into not challenging total b*ll*cks like you have just written by pre-emptively trying to dismiss it as "digging".

Hello i need to run a new kitchen socket circuit which is on a 32 amp MCB.

It truly beggars belief that you think you can get away with claiming otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back