BAN THE USE OF RING MAINS OR NOT

And i can have 20 sockets per circuit, 2 circuits 40 sockets etc etc Here you´d never run an oven on the same ring final circuit. No need for electric fan heater here JohnD, You only fuse plugs because 32A high rated protection for a table lamp. we also can run a lamp, TV, and fan heater safety at any time. Lower rated MCB´s must be better than a cartridge fuse and 32Amp MCB hey John ???

There´s also extra protection here everything with a switch that can be plug-in has a double pole switch and is protected with a double pole MCB

Sponsored Links
I wondered how long it would be before John introduced the letters B, O, R & C to the conversation... :rolleyes:

MR-DIAZ said:
... everything with a switch that can be plug-in has a double pole switch and is protected with a double pole MCB
Do I detect 2-pin plugs without reliable pole orientations?

Sponsored Links
If you have a 2-pin plug, a DP switch isn't an extra benefit, it's a necessity.

With TNC-S and plenty of bonding the neutral is pretty harmless inside my equipotential house. If I had 2-pin plugs that might go in upside down, a SP switch would be very dangerous.

Absolutely JohnD it could accelerate the phase wire from 230V to 400V ( Or 240V to 415V in the UK if i remember correctly )because it´s not regulated by the neutral.

But i still think in general lower rated MCB´s and more circuits is the way forward....My opinion....

But lets see if in 2008 when """ the 17th edition of the IEE regulations """ is supposed to be released if ring final circuits are still included.

From the bits of the draught copy, and commentarys I have seen regarding the 17th edition there has been no mention of the abolishion of ring circuits.

As the EU are pushing for harmonisation within the European community nothing would surprise me. You´ve already had the cable colour coding changed in 1st April 2006

Rob, you're right. Rings stay, and even 3036's are saved from the chop!

Of coure they are not going to 'outlaw' the use of RFCs or BS3036s; they are both established, reliable ways of doing their respective jobs (although there are better ways).

The regulations don't prescribe methodology, they simply lay down the minimum standards to be achieved for electrical safety.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back